areas of expertise
- Angel Investor 2012 onwards, with investments in India & US.
- Mentored more than 200 start-ups & helped with fundraising with angel investors and institutional investors
- Driving India’s first boutique innovation consulting company, built a team, generated revenues within 3 months of launch and secured prestigious clients across sectors including government clients
- Advised corporates with positioning themselves as pioneers in bringing innovation, new products
- Established partnerships in Israel, Germany, United Kingdom, Korea, Hong Kong and USA in areas such as block chain, artificial intelligence, internet of things, autonomous vehicles, futuristic technologies, agile methodology experts
- Conceptualized & drove the Million dollar hackathon; a series of roadshows & pitchfests across India/Israel/UK/France & Hong Kong to identify, evaluate & shortlist the leading startups from each geography for pitching at the Vizag Fintech Festival, 2018
Lakshmi has 14 years of global experience in several leadership roles in technology, finance, e-commerce and digital media at IBM (North America/Europe), Goldman Sachs (Hong Kong), jabong.com(India), Singtel-Shopify(India) and Network18(India).
Through her expertise in the digital commerce work having built and scaled businesses, Lakshmi has been an evangelist in the entrepreneurial eco system in India. She has been an angel investor and an advisor/mentor to many startups herself with investments in India and the valley.
Lakshmi is originally from Chennai, India. She has a MBA from Columbia Business School New York, has been a recipient of many awards (Women Entrepreneur of the year – Rotary) and a panellist/speaker at many prestigious events such as NASSCOMM, FICCI, CII, Indo-China FICCI conference, UK-IBC Conference, Techsparks, IIMs and has been recognized for innovation at IBM for filing about 22 patents.